A Better Panel
Shop Labourer, Manufacturing Department
Reports To: Production Manager
Summary of Job Related Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the stacking and handling of panels, building shipping pallets, assisting the press operator, assembly of doors, as well as cleaning the manufacturing and warehouse areas.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Ability to operate various hand and power tools.
- Physically fit and able to lift 40 lbs. repeatedly.
- Proven team player, hardworking and reliable.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Quality driven.
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to shop safety.
- First Aid and WHMIS training an asset.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Unload panels from press and stack on cooling carts.
- Load panels onto shipping pallets, band and wrap as required.
- Construct shipping pallets in accordance with a variety of specifications as required.
- Assist with the assembly and packaging of doors.
- Daily shop cleanup and housekeeping.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager, Shop Lead Hand or Warehouse Supervisor.
- Visually inspect all tools and equipment prior to use. Immediately inform supervisor of malfunctioning equipment to be locked out.
- Assist with hazard assessments.
- Read, understand and follow all Safe Work Practices and Procedures for machinery and equipment.
- Ask questions if not understood. Attend training sessions.
- Report any safety concerns immediately to supervisor. Refuse any work considered to be imminently dangerous.
Interested applicants can respond to this ad by email, by fax to 403-227-4535 or drop off their resume at 4006 -60 Avenue, Innisfail during business hours.